Monday, August 16, 2010

a few years ago...

i was having beers with a fellow messenger...ryan boudreau. i gotta say...me and him didn't see eye to eye all the time but you could always depend on ryan for a good story. well, you could always depend on ryan to have your back but that goes without saying. anyway, he was telling me how he was headed to a pick up. i cant remember where but i remember what side tracked him on his way to the pick...

ryan...i saw this dude shoving this lady. i don't know if they were together but i jumped off my bike. beat the man down...then headed off to my pick.

j.dot...wtf?! hahahahahaha!! you're lying bro...no way you did that...

ryan...look at my hand.

sure enough...his hand was a bit swollen. i don't know how bad he beat this man down but im sure he deserved it. see...you could always depend on ryan to do random sh*t like this. he was/is the type of cat that would help anyone out. i still laugh at this story because he hop'd back on his bike and went to his pick up as if nothing had happened...haha!

the messenger community lost a good man, his family lost a good father, but...well, i know wherever he is now...he's still helping...peace.

3 comments:

Al said...

Thanks, Julio. I miss that guy.

candles said...

Damn julio... you just put a big smile on my face. That kid amazed me. In so many ways. Thanks for sharing the memory.

augie said...

thanks, julio. that means a lot. never forget.