Friday, May 29, 2009

a personal moment...

we will return to bikes, messengers, and badassity later on.

im at a loss for words at the moment. we went to the doctor the other day. the lady doctor pulled out a microphone looking machine and put it on my wife's stomach. a minute later there was silence and then...bump, bump, bump, bump...

can you f*cking believe it?!! i can't. it's still somewhat unreal to me. we're having a kid. a little j.dot if you will. i don't know what to do or say. all i did was look at my wife but could barely hold the stare...i thought i might lose it. funny how a simple sound can bring up such emotions. thank God the lady doctor was there to talk and talk cause it really helped me out.

what can i say? what can i do? i have no way to repay my wife for everything she's done and given me. she said "yes" when i asked her on a date...she said "yes" when i asked her to marry me...and now, she's carrying our kid. there's absolutely nothing in this world that i can give her to make things even. jess has given me so much and im sitting here typing trying to figure out what i can do to return all the great gifts she has given me.

sorry jess...the best i can do is try. there aren't enough "love you's" and gestures in the world to repay for everything. my wife is a blessing that i do not deserve but am happy that she continues to be with me. like i said...all i can do is try jess. i will try to repay you everyday of my life. i know that even when it's all said and done it still won't be enough but believe me when i say...i will die trying to make things even. i love my wife...i love you jess...peace.

10 comments:

Max said...

Congrats!

NG said...

Damn straight!

74nomore said...

congrats and good luck

Unknown said...

That's beautiful.

Unknown said...

WOO! Awesome man, congrats!

By next weekend my first one will be here; I'm right where you are now. I can't believe a lady likes me enough to take off her shirt for me, let alone carry around my kid. It's amazing.

I wish you all the best my friend.

Rachel said...

Mf*ers makin' me tear up. Damn.

Anonymous said...

Congrats J, Do you know who you are going to dispatch the delivery too?

bfietz said...

Lookout! Congratulations.

FasterShortFilm said...

you're makin me cry!

Anonymous said...

big time congrats!

just had twins and man its a blessing - just have some hylands teething/colic homeopathic tablets for when theyre crying unconsolably - and a fat j for yourself.

good luck, the adventure begins!